1. “…The art of ballet chooses the dancer, not the other way around.”- Kevin McKenzie.
2. “The ballet is a purely female thing. It is a woman, a garden of beautiful flowers, and man is the gardener.”- George Balanchine.
3. “Ballet: something pure in this crazy world.”- Misty Copeland.
4. “Ballet technique is arbitrary and very difficult.”- Agnes De Mille.
5. “Dance design is not simply one element; it is that without which ballet cannot exist.”- Lincoln Kirstein.
6. “The only way to do it is to do it.”- Merce Cunningham.
7. “Ballet is ultimately a logical technique; it favors the shortest, most efficient route from one position into another.”- Anna Paskevska.
8. “Technical perfection is insufficient. It is an orphan without the true soul of the dancer.”- Sylvie Guillem.
9. “Even if you weren’t born with a genetically perfect body, you can take something like a hand, where everyone has the same capabilities, and you can make it speak.”- Sarah Lamb.
10. “When ballet takes to the sea, even the sunset comes to take a sneak peek.”
– Anthony T. Hinck.
11. “Ballet is like a rose. It is beautiful and you admire it, but you don’t ask what it means.”
– George Balanchine.